Artist: Jeanette Ogalino
Artist Statement: These photographs were taken during a tour of the patient built wall at CAMH, 1001 Queen St. W. in 2009. The southern section of the wall was built in 1860, by unpaid psychiatric patient labourers from what was then the Provincial Lunatic Asylum (now CAMH). The east and west walls were torn down and rebuilt in 1888-1889. In 2007, restoration work was completed on the remaining brick walls, in part by the paid labour of present-day CAMH clients.